Image from 365promises
Galatians 4:6-7 AMPC … And because you [really] are [His] sons, God has sent the [Holy] Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba (Father)! Father! 7 Therefore, you are no longer a slave (bond servant) but a son; and if a son, then [it follows that you are] an heir by the aid of God, through Christ.
Romans 8:14-18 AMPC … For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For [the Spirit which] you have now received [is] not a spirit of slavery to put you once more in bondage to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption [the Spirit producing sonship] in [the bliss of] which we cry, Abba (Father)! Father! 16 The Spirit Himself [thus] testifies together with our own spirit, [assuring us] that we are children of God. 17 And if we are [His] children, then we are [His] heirs also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing His inheritance with Him]; only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory. 18 [But what of that?] For I consider that the sufferings of this present time (this present life) are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us and for us and conferred on us!
If we are His children then we are His heirs
The Cry Abba Father means complete submission/surrender
Only if we we share His suffering then we will share His glory …
Special obedience is learned through sharing in His suffering …
This results in the purifying of your faith resulting in praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
Hebrews 5:8 AMPC … Although He[Jesus] was a Son, He learned [active, special] obedience through what He suffered.
Mark 14:36 AMPC … And He[Jesus] was saying, Abba, [which means] Father, everything is possible for You. Take away this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You [will].
1 Peter 1:6-7 NASB … In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
James 1:3-4 AMPC … Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience. 4 But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.
From NetBible Ja 1:4
- NIV … Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- NASB … Let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
- NLT … …when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.
- MSG … So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.
- NRSV … Let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing.
- NKJV … Let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.